Matt Holder, Founder of Loop
July 05, 2023
Matt Holder is the founder of Loop, a tee time engine that helps golfers book the best tee times at their favorite local courses. In this episode, we discuss Matt's experiences in the world of technology, and how those experiences prepared him to launch this new marketplace.
- Matt's golf origin story
- Matt's relationship to golf today
- Why Matt pursued a BA in Economics
- Working for Trulia, Zillow, Houzz and Cargurus
- Predictions for the future of golf and technology
- Whether or not technology will make us better golfers
- Taking an idea from vision to reality
- Responding to user feedback
- Challenges to building a tee time marketplace
- How Loop is monetized
We finished the episode with a 10 question lightning round that included a few questions about Matt's rec league softball team.
Would Matt rather be known for base hits or home runs? You'll have to listen in to find out.
This episode is presented by Chasing Aces and Par 3 Near Me.
Matt's Relationship to the Game Today
Why Matt Pursued a BA in Economics
Working for Trulia, Zillow, Houzz
Understand the Head of Product Role
Golf and Technology Predictions
Will Technology Make Us Better Golfers?
Taking an Idea from Concept to Reality
Responding to User Feedback
Setting Loop Apart from Other Booking Engines
How Loop Generates Revenue