Getting Off Course Podcast
Tony Starks, Golf Copywriter and Holey Moley Participant
July 26, 2022
Tony Starks is a copywriter for TaylorMade Golf and a recent contestant on ABC's Holey Moley. In this episode, we discuss Tony's 15 year career in the world of golf, as well as his experience on Stephen Curry's extreme mini golf show.
- How Tony first heard about Holey Moley
- How Tony became a contestant
- The application and recruiting process
- The recording process
- Holes that Tony was hoping to avoid
- Outfit selection
- Bad breaks
- The Morehouse College experience
- How Tony became a golf writer
- Early job takeaways
- Perks of working in the golf industry
- Challenges of working in the golf industry
- A typical day as a TaylorMade copywriter
- Dealing with deadlines
- Other TaylorMade initiatives
We finished the episode with a 10 question lightning round.
How does Tony really feel about playing mini golf with a Callaway ball? You'll have to listen in to find out.
This episode is presented by Chasing Aces and Par 3 Near Me.
How Tony First Heard About Holey Moley
How Tony Became a Contestant
The Application and Recruiting Process
Holes That Tony Was Hoping to Avoid
The Morehouse College Experience
How Tony Became a Golf Writer
Perks of Working in the Golf Industry
Challenges of Working in the Golf Industry
A Typical Day as a TaylorMade Copywriter
Other TaylorMade Initiatives