Scott Hoffmann, Golf Course Designer and Greenkeeping Consultant
June 21, 2022
Scott is a golf course designer, greenkeeping consultant and retired superintendent. One of Scott's projects includes the recently opened Gravel Pit Golf Course in Brainerd, Minnesota. We talked about this unique project and other design-centric questions.
- Scott's early connection to golf
- Pursuing a turfgrass management degree at Michigan State
- Early lessons as a superintendent
- Exploring golf course design
- The Gravel Pit Golf Course design
- Advantages and disadvantages of building on a gravel pit
- Hours logged in the design phase
- Random tasks and factors to consider
- Finding water
- The short course trend
- Seeing your design work come to life
We wrap everything up with a 5 question lightning round.
Need a few reasons to visit Minnesota? Scott gives his pitch.
This episode is presented by Chasing Aces.
Scott's Early Introduction to Golf
Pursuing a Turfgrass Management Degree
Early Lessons as a Superintendent
Exploring Golf Course Design
The Gravel Pit Golf Course Design
Advantages and Disadvantages of Building on a Gravel Pit
Hours Logged in the Design Phase
Random Tasks and Factors to Consider
Seeing Your Design Work Come to Life