Getting Off Course Podcast
Bharat Kanodia, Business Valuation Expert
February 15, 2022
Bharat is the founder and chief appraiser at Veristrat LLC. He's a casual golfer and a contributor at Inc.com where he writes about a variety of business and financial topics. In this episode, we talk a bit of golf before diving into the world of business valuations. I had lots of questions about valuing businesses, unique assets and more. Bharat offered some great insights. Listen in, I guarantee you'll learn something!
- Bharat's relationship to golf
- Pros/cons of an analytical golfer
- The importance of not siloing yourself
- Business valuations: An art or a science?
- Why business valuations can vary between appraisers
- Approaches to valuing a business
- Big companies that Bharat's valued
- Challenges that come with large valuations
- Startup valuations and what to look for in a startup
- Unique assets
- Valuing a golf course
- Maximizing the value of your business
- Teddy Roosevelt
Is owning a golf course a good business investment? That depends. Listen in to hear Bharat's take.
We ended with a lightning round of 8 questions.
This episode is presented by Par 3 Near Me.
Bharat's Relationship with Golf
About Bharat's Company, Veristrat
How Bharat Jumped into the World of Business Valuations
The Importance of Not Siloing Yourself
Business Valuations: An Art or a Science?
Why All Valuations Aren't the Same
Methods for Valuing a Business
Challenges that Come with Valuing a Big Company
What to Look for in a Startup
Unique Assets that Bharat's Appraised
Maximizing the Value of Your Business